Sunday, October 30, 2011

Direct Marketing


My direct marketing example came to my hotmail account. I have a Sony Vaio labtop and I signed up for getting updates on new products and services available. This advertisement targets computer users in specific Sony Vaio users. They want to extend your battery life for $99 on select Vaio labtops as well as save on HDTV's and more. I believe that this advertisement really caught my attention especially the save on HDTV's. Consumer are always looking for good deals and I am one of those people. Eventually products get used and break and having to pay full price to replace or get a similar product is such a hassle so consumers are going to look for good deals. For me a Sony Vaio labtop is very expensive and since I live on a limited budget while I am going to school I believe that Sony did a good job getting my attention buy luring in with some deals. Companies in every industry try to find ways to give their customers more bang for their buck in this economically troubled times while still trying to meet their quota. The use of images and texts really caught my eye so when I saw this advertisement I was thinking to myself well my computer is getting old and I will soon be looking into a new one. So I look around for good deals. I will probably directly buy from the manufacturer since I can get some deal on a new labtop. So direct marketing is an effective tool because it directly communicates with its consumers to promote its products and services. The reason why its so effective also because companies can directly relate to what customers need or want by asking questions about current products or services they are currently using. For me for example they would ask me if I am satisfied with my Sony Vaio labtop and maybe what in particular I liked about them such as long battery life or I their tech support is fast and friendly when I need technical assistance. Companies in almost every industry use direct marketing in some form to promote their products and services as I said. As you can see Direct Marketing is a great tool and can be effectively used.

No comments:

Post a Comment